Thursday, May 7, 2009

CEEDership, August'07, Turkey, Bursa






Lines from my Dairy
Sorry for starting from the very beginning, but this is the only way to show my trip in all colors it has. So I decided to give something from dairy here. For my opinion it is the best, because I am giving lines from the time I was still there. · I can’t believe but my trip has started. CEEDership in Bursa, Turkey. Happiness, joy in my heart ... but difficult to imagine all this… Now I am at the night train to Odessa. I will arrive tomorrow early in the morning and I will spend all day long in Odessa, seeing sight things. Then in the evening it will be embarkation. And two days long on the steamboat. I hope it will pass quickly. · These lines I am writing already being in my cabin on the steamboat “Caledonia”. It is quite good room with window, small nice table, and four beds. I am happy with my cabin. I can say even more, I expected worse cabin than it is now. There are three people living with me in my cabin: grandmother from Romania and young couple from Slovenia and UK Ajda and Ian. They are traveling all around Europe. They have a goal: to see every country of Europe (now I can say they did it, they have seen all 43 European countries). I am very thankful to them for making my trip on this steamboat enjoyable and unforgettable. To be honest I thought that this journey would be very boring and pass very slowly, but I was mistaking. These two days have already passed and I even didn’t see it. Tomorrow I will be already in Istanbul. It is 4th day I am staying in Istanbul. I have a lot of impressions! Like the way one movie person said: “Istanbul is the city of the contrasts.” And this is a true. It is! On the one street you can see hundreds of completely different things and completely different people. There is a lot of foreigners, especially in the downtown. Here you can buy souvenirs from every part of the world you would like to. As you know Istanbul was the capital of the Otam Empire. Now it is the biggest city of Turkey. It’s population is 15 millions people. The main street is Istiklar. There are 1 million people in this street. The center region is Taxim. Istanbul consists of two parts: European and Anatolia. Istanbul is the only one city in the world one part of which is situated in Europe and another one in Asia. The most interesting places for tourists here are Top Kapi palace, Galata tower, Sophie church, Sultan Ahmed Mosque and so on. About cultural shocks, I had a lot of them! Because everything is completely different than in Ukraine. For example dress. Sorry, but if you want to dress mini skirt, don’t do this! It can sound funny but Turkish guy following you all around the city just because he likes you it is really normal, especially for foreigners. It happens almost with everyone. Other thing makes me wonder is that Istanbul is very clean city against to find a dustbin here is impossible! Night before the last one was great! In the evening I have met my friends from the steamboat. This is one of the ways I see cultural understanding. All of us were from completely different countries: Ukraine, UK, Canada, Slovenia, France, New Zealand, Turkey…but to understand each other clearly, not just in the way to speak but in the way to think and spend a great time together was very easy and it was big pleasure for usJ. “It is no matter to which culture you belong, it is matter to be a good person.”J (From muslim center in Odessa) This evening I will be in Bursa already. See you there. · It is one week passed since I came to Bursa. (I will tell you more in detail about this city later). I can say it is very nice and beautiful city. There are mountains all around Bursa. So for me it was like paradise because I love mountains! AIESECers are great! I love these guys! (Still miss themL). Hospitable, friendly, responsible and merry. Everything they do they do with very big responsibility. My home family is honey. I’m living with 7 people. · The day before yesterday I was in the mountains. There were four of us: Olga and Masha from Russia, Frank from China and me. Ah! My dream... Mountains…! Unfortunately the battery of my camera needed to be charged, so I didn’t bring it. All I could do was just to ask for some pictures from Frank’s computer to my mp3 player. That’s why in my player appear a lot of viruses. But photos were great. We were walking 8 km up to the top. We were very tired, but the view we saw deserved it! · This is my last days in Turkey. I can’t believe! It’s like I’ve just came yesterday, and I’m already leaving…L. We became good friends with all of these people: aiesecsers, trainers, CEEDers. It seems that Turkey became my second home… …Last time I realized my mistake and began to spend all my free time not in MSN but with real people. Last night we were in the one mountain. Trainers, CEEDers, facis of YOU CAN…nice company! Even there was no police to say:”You can’t drink beer here!” J . After this I was driving motorbike around night Bursa…I will miss this evenings very much!!! Today I am leaving to Ukraine. I couldn’t believe when I came to Turkey now I can’t believe that I’m leaving! AIESEC, AIESEC…What would I do without you?! Maybe I would sit at home now preparing for exams and terribly missing something neither spending next two days sitting near my luggage because there is no free cabins, only sit-places ( no matter that I was reserving a room!). Maybe I would drink now some tea or water against beer because beer is the only one thing you can buy here, in the port. No water, only beer, vodka, raki and any kind of alcohol you would like. Maybe if not AIESEC I would dressed now in some sexy coat against T-short with AIESEC logo, S-size, not XL at last, S (!!!!!!!!!) I was dreaming about so long! I wouldn’t have now this international XP. I wouldn’t meet such interesting people. I wouldn’t know about so many things! I wouldn’t have AIESEC to live it! My life would be very boring and colorless without AIESEC!
You Can Global Village It’s happened that I had good opportunity to be present at the opening ceremony of the biggest international conference of the year 2007 YOU CAN congress’07. I have seen only the first Global Village, but
I’m still impressed. Unbelievable! But it’s possible! To see the all world insight one big roomJ. Again the organization of this Global Village appears to be almost perfect. Sorry for poorness of this part of my report but to describe all these using only worlds it is impossible! You have to see it, to be there. So m
any countries. Delegations from all over the world, in nation dress, with national food, songs… Amazing! If you have read “Master and Margaret”, by M. Bulgakov, chapter 23, then you will understand me perfectly! It was like that. Aiesecers who is not so long in AIESEC were happy to meet new faces, aiesecers who are longer in AIESEC were happy to see old friends thereJ. Everybody could see already known face there. And it wasn’t enough a few hours of this Global Village to speak with everybody and to see everything you were going to.

Personal reflecton A few years ago I was thinking that it is impossible to make traveling like this; I was thinking that there is no organization in the world which can help me to make it and to develop myself, to lead myself and for sure I didn’t know about AIESEC; I thought it is impossible to have good friends all around the world and to have other lovely family in other country. Now I know I was wrong. Everything is possible. “Everything is difficult before it is easy” (Italian proverb) All you need to do is to make a first
step. “The journey of thousand miles begins with a single step” (Sun Tzu) J I’m happy that I did this traveling. I came there to give but I’ve left that place being given. I wanted to show something, but it’s something was showed to me. The matter is when you are coming to another country you are thinking about anything except your feeling to the people you will meet there, you are not thinking how much you will miss them, how it would be difficult to adapt to people, traditions, structure in your hometown when you will come back, you are not thinking that to say “good bye” to your friends even new ones is always difficult. And when that moment, moment of you leaving comes you can’t believe and you are thinking about what you are going to do next but in general when you are coming back all you can do is just miss terribly and trying to adopt to the space around you, because now it’s so different and in the same time so common, like you used to before you’d left, but now you’ve come back and you are not anymore exactly that person you used to be before your traveling, you have changed.

I want to say "thank you" to... ...Ibo, VP Marketing’06-07 for personal trainings about marketing. Thanks him now I know much more about this set than before... Although for being a good company and home family during my staying in Bursa. Ibo is the kindest person I have ever known... ...Cagri Sahin, VP F’06-07 for helping me with my Spanish. Hombre, Charley! And also for being my home family... ...Ufuk Turan, VP F’07-08 for understanding me in difficult moments...Thank you, Ufuk. Now both of us have two home LCs: Dnipropetrovsk and BursaJ... ...Berk Kaya, for meeting me in Istanbul and making the best for feeling myself comfortable... ...Onur Semizer, LCP’07-08. For being so open to others and just because he is good person. Not always you have chance to spend night in president’s apartmentJ... ...Baran Sirekin, for keeping me always in good humor; he knows one secret... (Bioncey, Bioncey... J ?)... ...Serhat Sen just thanks to him this difficult system, which calls “Insight” now became much easier for me... ...Meriu, Masha Polosukhina, Olga Popova and one more Masha Nabatnikova, for being my good friends. Thanks them I didn’t forget my Russian at allJ... ...Veronica Koncikova and Najiba Jemaї. Wow! They even didn’t realize it but they taught me a lot of things... ...Ian Bearder and Ajda Cakardic for being the best company I have ever met especially on that boring steamboat... ...Piotr Gluszczuk and Emir Aymen Afes, the best facis of the conference I have ever met Thank you for spending together really great time in my last evenings in Turkey...I love you, guys! J... ...Jacopo Ormesi. The person with whom I was communicating the most of my time. Thank you for being my good friend. I don’t know what I would do without you in the rare moments of boring J ... ...Ilkay Yilmaz, the person who find always the most difficult way to manage the most easier thingsJ. Very big “thank you” because nobody was helping me so much as you were...

1 comment: